Temporary Classroom Assistant - The Holy Spirit Catholic Primary School
30 hours per week working Monday to Friday 8.45am-3.15pm with lunch break
Temporary due to EHCP, funding to be reviewed
£18,562 to £18,933 per annum FTE, £17,134 to £17,476 per annum pro-rata
The governors, staff and children of The Holy Spirit Catholic Primary School wish to appoint an experienced, caring and enthusiastic Classroom Assistant who will support a Year 1 child with an EHCP, to join our school family. The post is to start as soon as possible and employment will be extended at the review of EHCP.
- Welcoming culture in which children and adults work together with mutual respect
- Hardworking, dedicated staff who are committed to providing stimulating learning environment that nurtures and challenges our pupils
- Positive relationships with parents, governors and the wider community
- Have Level 2 education or childcare qualification
- Have experience and understanding of a range of children with SEN and emotional needs
- Be able to manage positive behaviour strategies
- Be able to build and develop positive relationships with staff and students
- Work as part of a committed and supportive team with energy and enthusiasm
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
The position would be to assist in promoting the learning and personal development of the pupil to whom you are assigned, to enable the child to make best use of the educational opportunities available to them and to provide a high standard of personal and intimate care as required and in accordance with the child’s individual needs.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 21st September 2021 at 12 noon.
Shortlisting Friday 24th September 2021.
Interviews to be held Thursday 29th September 2021.
The Holy Spirit Catholic Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful you will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service