Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
As a Programme Consultation officer, you will be delivering major improvement works across the borough. The post holder will bridge the gap between residents and contractors and collaborate with all parties to drive standards and ensure works are completed in a respectful and efficient manner.
- Understanding of Section 20 Legislation
- Manage all communication relating to section 20 - Stage 1 & 2
- Raise Estimates and Final accounts
- Work closely with project managers and the leasehold team
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills
- Communicating effectively with customers, representatives, colleagues and leaseholders.
- Identifying and suggesting any improvements to current ways of working in order to deliver a more efficient and effective service for residents.
We are looking for an experienced residents consultation officer with experience of working in the housing sector and planned works programme. If you have excellent customer care skills, with very good verbal and written communication skills, IT literate and you are self-motivated with a 'can do' approach we would welcome your application.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.