Brighter Futures for Children
Whitely Children’s Centre
2 Permanent posts
16 hours per week, term time only
23 hours per week, all year round
You will be working as part of a small team within the Whitley Children’s Centre which comprises of Family Group Workers and Family Support Workers. South Cluster Children Centre is looking for a vibrant and enthusiastic qualified Childcare Practitioner, to join our multi-skilled friendly team. A qualification in Early Years Childcare and education or equivalent Level 3 is essential for this role; together with knowledge and experience of using the Early Years Foundation Stage within your practice. You will be required to deliver high quality childcare and family sessions to parents/carers and children aged 0-5 years, including:
- Set up, plan and run groups/crèche for targeted families as identified by local need
- Coordinate family learning activities for vulnerable and targeted families
- To provide safe and inclusive activities for young children and their families/carers to bond, play, learn and socialise within children’s centres
- To provide high quality childcare for children 0-5 years in a safe and inclusive environment that supports them to play, learn and socialise.
- To lead and run activities in groups for children and their families, providing supervision of the activity.
- To provide activities and in crèche provision which encourages the physical, emotional, intellectual, social and language development of babies and young children
- To provide activities which encourages family members to participate along with their child promoting strong attachment
- To provide activities that gives parents and carers the opportunity to learn about the development of their child
- To ensure all Health and Safety requirements and welfare standards are in place for all activities and crèche through risk assessments and health and safety check
- To understand and adhere to all relevant policies and procedures in relation to the Children’s Centre programme. This includes both building based and child specific (child protection) policies.
- To maintain all Children’s Centre resources including setting up before and cleaning and tidying after the sessions.
- A recognised qualification in childcare NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of working with children 0-3 years and their families
- Experience of working with vulnerable children and families
- To have knowledge of EYFS and child development and attachment and its application in activities and creche
Contact Sarah Ashton on Sarah.Ashton@brighterfuturesforchildren.org for an informal discussion.
Closing date – 26th September 2021