2-year Fixed term contract - likely to extend due to emerging new social prescribing service
Do you want a job that can really make a difference to people’s lives? Are you a well organised person with experience in providing support and empowering people to take control of their health and wellbeing and who relishes a challenge?
About the role
This is your opportunity to make a positive contribution to the residents of the borough by taking the lead in the social prescribing service being delivered in west Elmbridge.
You will be directly supporting our residents who have non-medical/social issues on a one to one basis, some of whom will be vulnerable, empowering them to take control of their own health and wellbeing.
You will sign post them to both council and voluntary services, as well as other relevant support networks. You will be working with people on a range of issues that matter to them which could be low level mental health, debt, poor housing and physical inactivity and helping people to work on their wider health and wellbeing.
Working closely with local GP practices in the west of the borough will be key to your role and we will support you to ensure you are fully aware of the support available in Elmbridge.
Some referrals into the service will be people who have been affected by Covid.
- You have the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- You are a good listener, have time for people and are committed to supporting individuals to improve their wellbeing.
- You have great interpersonal skills in supporting people.
- You will be comfortable working with GP practices as partners, social care and the voluntary sector.
- You should have experience of working positively with people facing complex social and emotional challenges.
- You can identify and engage effectively in a non-judgemental and respectful manor with members of the community from all background, abilities and ages,
- You can listen and interpret complex non-medical/social issues and match/signpost with services available.
- You are able to recognise and change people’s current lifestyle and identify how their way of life might affect their health and well-being.
- You can manage competing priorities and will be able to juggle your responsibilities to our residents as well as to your colleagues.
- You have good experience in MS Office, Excel and admin.
If you believe you have these skills, the required experience and the motivation to succeed in this role, we look forward to hearing from you.
To learn more about social prescribing please visit our website: www.elmbridge.gov.uk/css/social-prescribing/
You will be joining a progressive organisation, determined to support its residents in all aspects of their lives. You will find yourself being supported by a dedicated team and committed management group. See our recruitment document attached for more information on the team.
If you would like to chat about this role, please contact Gail McKenzie on 01372 474537
Closing Date: 9am 19th October 2021
Interviews: 1st November 2021