We very much look forward to receiving applications from brilliant people who will operate in a commercial environment to ensure that alongside maximising income, brilliant customer care is provided with the outcomes including contributing to increasing tenant satisfaction and sustaining tenancies.
Wokingham Borough Council who are based in Wokingham Town Centre are currently recruiting for one Rent Officer to be a key part of the Council’s Rental Income Team (that has three Rent Officers, two Tenancy Sustainment Officers and a Manager).
- The purpose of the role is to take responsibility for maximising circa £5m a year of payments of rent, alongside maximising tenancy sustainment. You will manage approximately 900 rent accounts, plus garage accounts and need to be flexible to be able to collect other council debts. This will include making phone calls, visiting tenants (so will need your own method of transport) and representing the council at Possession Hearings at the County Court
- You will need to carry out all relevant operational and legal processes to ensure current tenant housing rental income is maximised in line with statutory regulations, council policy, operational procedures, and court pre-action protocol
- On a Monday morning you could be phoning tenants to obtain card payments for debts owed, and in the afternoon, meeting with many different agencies such as Social Services, and external support agencies where you are seeking to both sustain the tenancy, alongside the rent being paid
- You will need to work with many other internal teams such as Localities Officers (who manage other aspects of the tenancy), and Housing Benefit, plus work with external organisations such as Work Coaches at the Job CentrePlus offices and Case Managers at the Universal Credit Service Centres
- You will need to be able to provide brilliant customer service. The Housing Service has involved tenant groups who provide both support and challenge. One of the involved tenants will be part of the interview panel.
A market supplement is payable for three years that brings the salary range from £29,577 to £32,234 per annum.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date 11pm, 10th October 2021
Interview dates 3rd & 4th of November 2021 (subject to change).
For an informal discussion, please contact Harrison Wilks on 07834150278 or firstname.lastname@example.org