Paralegal staff vacancies.
£24,015 - £31,248
We are seeking Paralegal staff to join our Children's Social Care and Litigation teams and for our Commercial teams including the Property, Contracts and Planning teams.
HB Public Law is a shared service between a number of local authorities North West London and home counties. Staff are employed by Harrow Council, but work for several public sector clients. We are looking to appoint paralegals within the children’s social care and litigation teams and within our commercial teams. Successful candidates will have an opportunity to be supported through the CILEX professional qualification and other legal apprenticeships. Paralegals also have opportunities to move between teams or to specialise in one area of law.
Skills and experience required:
- Educated to degree standard with a qualification in Law or be studying for a recognised legal qualification (candidates with substantial paralegal experience within local authority will be considered).
- Knowledge and understanding of English Law, practice and procedure in public law and an interest in local authority legal work.
- Strong team player with the ability to contribute positively to a team.
- Ability to provide written and oral legal advice and guidance to officers and clients.
- Opportunity to hold your own cases, and work on complex cases with senior lawyers.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
Candidates may be required to work unsocial hours where necessary and should be willing to undertake an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS). In return we offer a great setting to advance your career, bespoke induction and development opportunities and training and support to expand your knowledge in a wide range of areas, including children’s and adult social care, education, employment, civil and criminal litigation, planning and regeneration, property, contracts and procurement and information law.
For an informal discussion please contact Sarah Johnson (Social care and litigation) on 07557 155585 or Sarah Inverary (Commercial) on 07927 548788.
Please use this link Harrow Council and partner vacancies to view the full role profiles and to submit an application. The closing date for these roles is Monday 18 October 2021.