Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Local Area Plan Manager to join our team. You will join us on a full time, 12 month fixed term contract. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £43,000 - £47,000 per annum.
This role is currently based from home due to COVID 19 until further notice. Peabody plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means that once our office refurbishment has been completed, the role will be part office (Waterloo) and part home based.
About the Local Area Plan Manager role:
For almost 160 years, Peabody has been focused on making things better for people and communities. Although we have achieved positive outcomes for many, we know that to sustainably address social challenges, we need to address the root causes. So, we developed a community strategy that not only places people at the centre of everything we do, but also seeks to better understand the systems within which we all work and live.
Peabody Community Foundation supports residents to live healthier, wealthier, happier lives. We have 4 outcome areas underpinning this:
- Boosting incomes
- Developing skills and aspirations
- Building engaged and active communities
- Improving health and wellbeing
Responsibilities of our Local Area Plan Manager:
Ongoing design and delivery of Local Area Plans:
- Collate and analyse existing data in target areas
- Co-ordinate research with residents and stakeholders to identify their priorities and perceptions
- Encourage internal stakeholders to contribute to the development of the LAP, facilitating meetings, workshops and engagement events
- Devise approaches to the development of Local Area Plans
Project Management of Local Area Plan:
- Ensure local area plans are developed in line with project plans, co-ordinating stakeholders effectively
- Project manage and report on progress towards the development of area plans, producing and maintaining project plans, action plans and reports for a variety of audiences
- Establish, maintain and develop partnerships with strategic stakeholders to enable delivery of services
- Design, develop and manage services in line with the LAP
Skills and experience of our Local Area Plan Manager:
- Passionate about addressing social inequality, you are inquisitive, actively learning about the world and why things are the way they are. You look forward to learning from others and trying out new approaches.
- Ambitious for your projects, team and self; you are an autonomous, resilient, self-starter that enjoys making decisions and being responsible and accountable for project and their results
- Strong interpersonal skills, you are able to work with a range of stakeholders to achieve results, from strategic partners to colleagues and customers
- Strong facilitation and group working skills, you are able to bring people together to share observations, generate insights and make decisions
- Effective and creative project manager, you deliver results and meet milestones. You swiftly identify, respond and adapt to changes in the environment to ensure you achieve desired outcomes and objectives
- Strong written communications skills, able to author high quality reports and project proposals
- Ability to understand, analyse, contextualise and explore a range of data, performance metrics and outcomes to generate hypotheses and reach conclusions
- Experience of designing and managing a range of services for the benefit of others, with creativity and flair
- Able to effectively manage budgets £100k<
Closing date: Sunday 26th September 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Local Area Plan Manager, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST