We are looking for a Trainee Arborist to join our Tree Services Team based in Thamesmead. In return we can offer a competitive salary of £20,645 rising to £28,000 upon completion of traineeship.
This is a great opportunity for applicants to begin a career in Arboriculture, learning to work within a Tree Surgery environment carrying out a range of work including ground-based tree work and tree climbing. The Trainee Arborist role will follow a structured training route consisting of on-the-job training as well as external training and assessment over a three year period.
We are looking for a Trainee Arborist who:
- Will work in all weathers in an outdoor environment
- Has the ability to undertake physically demanding work at height
- Can communicate in a clear and polite manner with colleagues and members of the public
- Has basic literacy skills desirable and the ability to undertake training
Benefits of becoming our Trainee Arborist:
- A cycle-to-work scheme; eye test vouchers; dental insurance; healthcare cash plan; health assessments (family included too!) and discounted gym membership.
- Critical illness insurance; debt consolidation; life assurance; pension; season ticket loans; travel insurance; and childcare vouchers. Our employees have access to shopping discounts and cashback with thousands of retailers and we have some exclusive corporate deals with selected partners covering taste cards; technology devices; and cinema and retail discounts.
- Our employees receive an annual allowance to spend on health benefits such as gym memberships, healthcare cash plans, health assessments, dental insurance, critical illness cover, technology, and the cycle-to-work scheme.
- We have a free and confidential employee assistance programme and helpline available for 24/7 phone counselling, legal advice, and referral for face-to-face therapy.
- We have a team of employee supporters - volunteers who are a listening ear for colleagues and have an outside perspective. They also help colleagues access information, support and guidance.
- Employees are able to connect with colleagues through our employee-led diversity networks championing BAME, LGBT+, Gender and Family (parents and carers) events throughout the year.
Closing date: 5pm, Wednesday 29th September 2021
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Trainee Arborist, please click ‘apply’ now!
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.