Brighter Futures for Children
Performance and Data Intelligence Team
Post 1: Permanent , 22.5 hours per week
Post 2: Fixed term (12 months), 30 hours per week
Brighter Futures for Children is an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services to children and families in Reading.
As the Performance Analyst you would be working as part of a small team dealing primarily with Children’s Education Data. The role is responsible for the collection, collation, analysis and interpretation of a wide range of data on children and families with a focus on education data. This will involve the collation and analysis of large datasets, reporting on that information within Children’s Services and the provision of data submissions to government departments.
The successful candidate will have a high level of expertise with information technology, a good understanding of data management and statistical analysis methods, together with a meticulous approach to work. The ability to work to deadlines and prioritize tasks is essential.
(Post 1) The permanent post will provide analyst work across a wide range of education areas with a focus on delivering the team’s service level agreement to schools.
(Post 2) The fixed term post will be supporting the Virtual School in their new extended role of promoting education for all children with a social worker.
The performance analyst is required to
- Have excellent ICT skills and will be working with data using Excel functions such as Pivot Tables and lookups.
- Have experience of SQL, Power BI and/or other business intelligence tools
- Demonstrable standard of numeracy to the level of completing accurate and appropriate arithmetic and statistical calculations without need for advice &
- To proactively promote the accurate, timely collection and use of performance
- To lead on the completion of statutory data submissions to The Department of Education to agreed timeframes, ensuring that the LA meets its statutory obligations.
- To collate and validate, via data integrity checks and audits, information from a variety of ICT and manual
- To prepare, analysis and present performance management information/reports in charts and tables so that it can be easily understood by non-specialist audiences as
- To assist in the production of specific information for a particular area or client group and work on specific projects in liaison with other sections of the company as
For further information, please contact Siobhan Egan phone 0118 9374402
What we offer our workers:
- We offer a supportive framework to develop your career
- You’ll work in a friendly and collaborative environment where we are committed to delivering positive outcomes.
- Competitive salary
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted childcare
- On-site outstanding nursery
We offer a range of extras
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Local discounts
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Staff Club and social events.
Closing Date: 4th October
Interviews: 12th October ( Microsoft Teams)