West Berkshire Council are recruiting to the role of Human Resources Assistant.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with two years’ administration experience (including at least one year in HR) to gain further insight into HR and employee relations. You will need excellent interpersonal skills, good all-round IT skills together with attention to detail.
The post is fixed term post until 31st May 2022, and has come about due to a secondment.
We are ideally looking to offer the successful candidate the full number of hours advertised above. We may however consider offering less hours than advertised providing they meet the requirements of the role and service which will be determined by the recruiting manager
This is a really key role in the HR Strategy & Operations team, which supports managers with managing sickness absence, disciplinary and grievance casework, organisational change and policy changes. The key duties in the Strategy & Operations team will be:
- Supporting the Occupational Health (OH) service by:
- reviewing OH referrals submitted by managers, raising concerns or approving on the portal.
- reviewing OH reports and ensuring these are shared appropriately.
- supporting the OH provider to ensure clinics are full and queries are answered.
- be a point of contact with the OH Advisor and physician on clinic days on site.
- Reviewing monthly absence reports for long term and frequent short term absence and making initial contact with managers to offer the support of the team;
- taking notes of formal casework meetings e.g. disciplinary hearings;
- arranging meetings to support the team with casework;
- collating and distributing ‘bundles’ of documents for formal hearings.
You will be expected to work in our office in Newbury.
Please contact Rebecca Bird (HR Manager) on 01635 519389 for an informal chat about this role.
Interviews will take place on the 11th October 2021.