School Business Manager
School Business Manager Required
Closing Date: Midday on Thursday 7th October 2021
Shortlisting: Friday 8th October 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 19th October 2021
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Contract Term: Permanent (36 hours per week - 52 weeks per year)
Salary: PO2 – PO3 commensurate with experience and qualifications (£34,884 - £40,869)
Due to the retirement of our current School Business Manager we are seeking to make a new appointment to the Manor team.
We wish to appoint a highly motivated person with financial expertise, preferably within an
educational setting, who has the ability to work in close partnership with the Head Teacher and the Senior Leadership Team within a dynamic school environment. The School Business Manager will provide strategic leadership in the areas of Finance, Buildings and Premises, Health and Safety, HR and Payroll, Procurement and Contracts, GDPR, and Administration, as well as line-manage the Site Supervisor and Admin Team. He / she will liaise regularly with Governors and the Local Authority in addition to working alongside the Head Teacher on a day-to-day basis.
This role will suit an experienced school Business Manager or highly experienced Finance Officer with a business management qualification. Some experience of successfully leading others will be necessary.
The successful candidate will:
- Have proven experience of managing finance, and may hold a relevant financial management/business management certificate
- Possess a secure understanding / experience of the ISBL Professional Standards
- Have excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Want to work in conjunction with the Head Teacher, Senior Leaders and the Governing Board to secure high standards of achievement and progress for every child
- Be able to provide professional leadership to, and management of, the Admin Team and Site Supervisor
- Manage a varied and interesting workload; the ability to think strategically, show initiative, prioritise and meet deadlines whilst maintaining professionalism is key
- Be committed to the school, and be willing to contribute to and support school events
In return, we offer:
- Amazing children who deserve the best and rise to every challenge
- A dedicated, welcoming, highly motivated staff team committed to our school and every child in it
- A strong commitment to professional development
- Parents and Governors who value every aspect of the work of the school
Potential applicants are warmly encouraged to visit. Please contact Michael Briden in the school office to make an appointment to meet the Head Teacher, Kate McGee and tour the school.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
We encourage you to browse our website to further gain a sense of who and what we are about: www.manor.newham.sch.uk
Completed forms should be submitted online
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Schools Check