HOUSING, HEALTH AND WELLBEING
ARTS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
SALARY NS7 £22,183 - £23,541 pro rata, per annum (£11.50 - £12.21 per hour)
Part time 7 hours per week
(Pay Award Pending)
The Arts Development Officer is a part-time role within the Housing, Heath and Community Relations Business Unit and will support the development and delivery of a participatory arts programme, commissioning and grant aid support for community based projects delivered by voluntary groups and organisations.
Candidates will be expected to have experience of developing arts projects in partnership with a wide range of groups within the community and voluntary sector whilst supporting and advising groups through the instigation, creation and completion of arts projects.
A relevant arts or culture related degree would be beneficial but not essential, however you will need to have GCSE Grade C/4 or above, or equivalent, in English and Mathematics, have excellent negotiating skills and be able to develop, implement and manage projects and programmes through networking with arts providers.
You will also have:
- An understanding and appreciation of social inclusion and rural isolation issues
- The ability to communicate at all levels, work unsupervised and within a team environment and use initiative to achieve tasks
- To work in challenging situations and to tight deadlines
- Enthusiasm, ability and willingness to tackle a wide variety of tasks
- A flexible approach to working hours and to be available to attend evening meetings and work on events, which may involve evening, weekend and Bank Holiday working
- The ability to travel throughout the district
For an informal discussion about the post please call Andy Hardy on 01636 655708.
Closing date: 12.00 noon Friday 8th October 2021
Interviews: To Be Confirmed
Veterans/family of forces/ex-forces, those in care/care leavers, and candidates who declare a disability (as defined under the Equality Act 2010) will be guaranteed an interview provided they have demonstrated that they meet the essential criteria of the post as detailed in the Person Specification on their application form.