We are seeking an Intelligence Analyst to help us develop valuable insights and support the innovative work of our Business Intelligence function within the Resident Services Directorate.
We are looking for a candidate who can accurately collect and evaluate information, using analytics and reporting solutions to deliver insights that drive operational decisions and direct resources, proactively looking for and presenting trends in data, creating hypothesis to support council objectives, commissioning decisions and operational management, and support the development and embedding of an insight and intelligence culture throughout the council.
This is an exciting time to join Waltham Forest – London’s first Borough of Culture and the winner of the “MJ Council of the year” award. This is your chance to join an ambitious, people-focused organisation during a time of significant change, transformation and new challenges.
- Gather, assess and document the requirements for Business Intelligence products and projects.
- Collate, evaluate and analyse data and information from a variety of sources in order to develop intelligence products.
- Lead the development and delivery of data analysis and reporting projects to produce actionable intelligence for service and performance improvement.
- Design and develop data models and processes to enable comprehensive and accurate analysis and reporting.
- Design and develop visual reports, dashboards and infographics to provide actionable data and insights for managers and decision-makers.
- Ability to collect, prepare, analyse and evaluate large volumes of data and information from a variety of sources in order to inform strategic and tactical decision-making.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of complex data analysis tools and methods, including technology such as Excel, Power BI, Alteryx and GIS
- Direct experience of extracting and interrogating data from intelligence systems and databases, using a programming language such as SQL, R and/or Python.
- Ability to design and produce clear and compelling data visualisations in reports, dashboards and infographics
- Ability to present and communicate complex information effectively within partnership structures, using a wide range of media and methods including written, oral and visual.
- Ability to identify intelligence gaps and work to develop information / intelligence resources with key stakeholders to improve the accuracy and relevance of decision-making processes
- Experience of using analytical tools including Excel, MapInfo Professional (or other GIS applications), i2 Analyst Notebook, SQL and Business Objects.
- Ability to consistently deliver quality outputs in a fast-paced environment, work to tight deadlines, and contribute to a fun, fast-paced, high impact and dynamic environment.