£32,910 - £41,881 per annum (Scale 9 - 11*)
Permanent - 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced and highly motivated Contracts Lawyer (qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive) to join our highly effective, capable and friendly team. Ideally you will have 3 years PQE in the relevant area of law but those with less PQE will be considered if they can demonstrate relevant experience. You will work with minimal supervision and have responsibility for a complex caseload providing professional and commercial advice to a wide range of clients with the Council.
In return, we can offer you an excellent work-life balance, including the opportunity for hybrid home working as well as a wide range of employment benefits.
*Scale offered will depend on skills and experience as per the Officer Grading Specification
For an informal discussion please contact Caroline Perry, Interim Legal Services Manager on 01903 737691 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note - A basic DBS check is required for this post. This post has also been identified as a Politically Restricted Post. Local authority employees holding politically restricted posts are disqualified from membership of any local authority, other than a parish or community council, from being a Member of Parliament or a Member of the European Parliament, and from membership of the Scottish Parliament or Welsh Assembly. They are subject to prescribed restrictions on their political activity through the Local Government Officers (Political Restrictions) Regulations 1990 (SI 1990/851). This includes canvassing.
We offer in return:
- A minimum of 26 days annual leave if appointed at grade 9/10 (30 days with 5+ years continuous LG service), or a minimum of 29 days if appointed at grade 11 (32 days with 5+ years continuous LG service), PLUS bank holidays, PLUS Flexi-time including an opportunity to accrue a further 12 days flexi leave per year
- Free membership at local leisure centres
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme
- Committed to developing your personal and professional development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work discount/Christmas Savings/Save As You Earn Schemes
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including free health checks, free eye tests and an option to pay into a Simplyhealth Care plan
Further information and an application form can be obtained from our jobs page.
CLOSING DATE: 27 October 2021
INTERVIEW DATE: w/c 1 November 2021
Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in employment. If you have a disability which makes it difficult to complete our application form, please contact the Human Resources Department, who will assist you with your application.