The starting salary for this role is £53,018 per annum for working 36 hours per week.
The Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) system in Surrey is undergoing a period of significant change. In the context of increasing demand, the increasing need to deliver value for money and our ambition to ensure the most positive outcomes for children with SEND.
We have embarked upon a journey of significant transformation across the SEND system. This is being achieved through transformation programmes that are critical to our ambition to support children to thrive in their local schools and communities and develop independent and fulfilling lives, whilst ensuring that our services are effective and financially sustainable. We are looking for an experienced programme manager to drive the delivery of the Inclusion in Mainstream programme, ensuring that it delivers the required outcomes on time and to budget.
The ambitions of the programme are to:
- Increase provision of support at an early stage and reduce the demand for statutory intervention
- Increase inclusion in mainstream education settings so that children can thrive closer to home and in their community
Through the programme we seek to change ways of working, change relationships and behaviours, and improve outcomes for our children with SEND.
We are looking for someone with:
- The experience and ability to manage programme definition, design and delivery of one of the transformation programmes
- Strong organisational and business change skills - to ensure high quality governance, planning, reporting and financial monitoring arrangements are in place Experience of facilitating service design and or business change activity
- Excellent communication and influencing skills - with experience of working with a broad range of stakeholders; driving forward programme delivery and providing constructive challenge
- “Hands on” programme management experience - with the ability to develop high quality briefs and business cases, proactively manage risks and issues and works with the business to support benefits realisation
- Experience and / or knowledge of Education sector
In summary we want to hear from professional programme managers who relish a challenge and have a track record managing successful programmes. Formal training and accreditation in programme management would be beneficial but is not essential as is experience and/or knowledge of Local Authority SEND services (we are not looking for subject matter experts).
If you are a driven, enthusiastic and ambitious programme manager then we want to hear from you!
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.
For more information please find the full job description below and refer to this before submitting your application. We also invite you to read our Life at Surrey handbook to see insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 24th October 2021
A date for interviews is to be confirmed.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion contact Helen Dowlatshahi by e-mail at email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.