Commercial Waste Sales Officer (B252)
Salary up to £26,291 p.a, (40 hour week)
Broxbourne Environmental Services Trading Limited (BEST) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Broxbourne Borough Council delivering the Council’s front line services and more. At BEST, we have an opportunity for a versatile, ambitious individual to provide sales promotion activities for the waste management section. In this varied role, you will:
- Identify potential commercial waste customers, promoting the service with the aim of increasing sales
- Visit potential and existing commercial waste customers to promote the service, increase sales and resolve any problems
- Support the marketing and sales administration of the trade waste business, updating databases and special agreements
- Undertake the day-to-day administrative functions, including responding to customer enquiries, complaints, taking action to ensure customer care needs are satisfied
- Liaise with external bodies such as the Environmental Agency and London Waste to provide relevant information and documentation
- Assist with invoices, purchase orders, job costing journaling and purchasing supplies as and when required.
You will have a proven successful track record in sales and previous experience in waste would be an advantage. You must have excellent communication skills with a confident telephone manner, and the ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently to ensure customer satisfaction at all times. Experience using Excel and other packages is essential. A current, valid full driving licence is essential.
For an informal discussion, please contact Lisa Carroll on 01992 785555 or by email on lisa.carroll@Bestbob.co.uk
BEST is committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. BEST expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The benefits package includes:
- A full training and development programme
- NEST Pension Scheme membership
- Free membership to two local leisure centres, which includes free access to gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes, racket sport sessions, a health suite and a range of generous discounts across other leisure and culture services
- Comprehensive benefits and discount scheme
BEST is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Borough of Broxbourne website.
Application forms must be submitted online by midnight on Sunday 24 October 2021 quoting the above reference.
BEST c/o Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ.
Telephone: 01992 785509, Email: email@example.com