The Mawney Foundation School
Mawney Road, Romford, Essex RM7 7HR
Tel: 01708 741612
Executive Head Teacher: Mr Craige Brown
Head Teacher: Mrs Chris Knight
Grade: Main Scale or Upper Scale
This post is not suitable for ECTs
Hours: Full time - 0.7 SENDCO role and 0.3 Teaching Responsibility
Start date: January 2022, although we would consider an April 2022 start for the right candidate
The Mawney Foundation School are looking to recruit a suitably qualified, enthusiastic and inspirational Special Educational Needs Coordinator. The successful candidate will be someone who believes, as we do, that our students will thrive when given the right support to access our broad and aspirational curriculum. This is a key middle leadership role with responsibility for ensuring that our Inclusion team continues to develop and grow.
The Mawney Foundation School is a proactive, supportive, well-resourced primary school, with high expectations of all members of staff and pupils.
You will also join us at a very exciting time. We have undergone a complete rebuild and we moved into our new state of the art building in November 2017, as we increase to 3 form entry school.
The school has also been graded as ‘Good’ in our last 3 Ofsted inspections (most recently in Jan 2020). The Head teacher and Governors are currently looking for a highly motivated and creative class teacher to join our enthusiastic and supportive team.
We can offer:
- A working environment which is fun and supportive;
- High provision of IT resources within all classrooms (16 laptops in every classroom, along with a large SmartScreen);
- Motivated and well-behaved pupils from a wide range of backgrounds;
- The opportunity to join a highly professional and motivated team who are continually looking at new ways to improve learning and outcomes;
- The opportunity to develop and progress further both professionally and personally as the school increases to 3 form entry in the coming years;
- Opportunities to view colleagues effective teaching using IRIS to improve your own teaching and learning, as well as opportunities to share your effective strategies with others in a non-threatening environment;
- Friendly, supportive staff who are committed to collaborative team work.
- Additional management time for staff leading subject responsibilities as well as additional release time for targeted and relevant CPD training;
- A dedicated PPA room with IT facilities;
- A brand new school for you to enjoy working in!
The successful candidate will need to be a qualified teacher with experience in leading Special Educational Needs within a school setting, have awareness and knowledge of SEN developments, policies and procedures. They need to be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a good knowledge of teaching and learning strategies and able to support quality first teaching to enable children with additional needs to succeed and fulfil their potential. They will have excellent interpersonal skills to enable them to work in partnership with parents and manage the SEN Team. They will also form part of the Leadership Team.
It is essential you have a sense of humour and a passion for learning, as well as a willingness to become involved in school and community activities.
Applicants must be committed to inclusion and providing maximum opportunities for all pupils.
If you think that you have the experience, energy, enthusiasm and skills to fit into our continually improving school, applications can be submitted online.
Socially distanced visits to the school are welcomed, please call/email the School Office on 01708741612 or email@example.com with your preferred telephone number and the head teacher will be happy to chat with you about arranging a visit to our school. Please also take a look at our school website.
Closing Date and shortlisting: 12:00pm, on Thursday 14th October 2021
Interviews: Week beginning 18th October 2021