Job Title: Library Manager
Salary Range: £25,481 - £27,741 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
This is an exciting opportunity to lead and manage the team of a busy main library located in the heart of the local community.
Hitchin Library, refurbished in 2018 as part of Hertfordshire Libraries’ Inspiring Libraries Strategy, is a busy and vibrant town library with a team that have a passion for community engagement. The library has excellent links with other organisations in Hitchin and surrounding area and we are keen to maintain and build upon this, as well as having a portfolio of events and activities which serve the diverse needs of its thriving community.
We are looking for someone who shares the Hertfordshire Libraries vision which is to deliver a high-quality library service that is sustainable into the future and remains relevant to the diverse and changing needs of Hertfordshire residents. You will work in close partnership with local communities, and provide an enhanced gateway to reading, information and wellbeing.
Main duties of the post:
- To promote the library service to the wider community, and to actively engage with local partnerships and organisations
- To act as the face of the library service in the community and lead and motivate the library team to deliver and achieve service objectives
- To undertake the role of site manager at the library with responsibility for providing a library service to the community and for the day-to-day management and supervision of its operation
- As a member of the East Area Management team, take responsibility for the development and delivery of service provision within the Area
- To support the transition to Libraries for Life and delivery of the Inspiring Libraries Strategy
To contribute to the ambition of attracting more visitors through participation in outreach and promotional activities in the community, and via partnership working with relevant organisations and community groups
Hertfordshire County Council have awarded the contract to deliver the Library Service to Libraries for Life, an independent organisation with charitable status. The proposed date for transition to Libraries for Life is still to be confirmed. At the point of transition all Hertfordshire County Council Libraries employees will be transferred to Libraries for Life under TUPE rules and regulations.
Please ensure you can work the hours on the attached rota before applying.
For an informal discussion about this post please call Carol Hill on 0300 123 4049
Closing Date: 17th October 2021
Interview Date: 8th November 2021