Job Title: Commissioning Manager
Salary Range: £43,857 pa progressing to £46,845 pa
Hours: 37 per week
The Mental Health and Learning Disabilities workstream is one of the key clinical workstreams that contribute to the delivery of the Hertfordshire and West Essex Integrated Care System priorities and the Integrated Health and Care Commissioning Team is at the heart of delivering this. The scope of the workstream is set out below:
- This workstream covers mental health services for adults and older people, child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) and health services for people with a learning disability
- The workstream will oversee delivery of the NHS Long Term Plan priorities for learning disabilities and mental health
- It will work with other workstreams to deliver improvements in health outcomes for people with a learning disability and people with severe mental illness, so reducing the life expectancy gap between these groups and the rest of the population
- Review, agree and implement best practice across the ICS.
The exact responsibilities of this Commissioning Manager role will develop over time and the ability to flex within the changing ICS landscape as it develops is crucial. There is some scope to align work priorities around the skills and experience of the successful applicant, but initially the following may be among the key priorities:
- Contract and performance management of the Statutory and Voluntary Sector contracts relevant to the portfolio
- Development and delivery of strategies and action plans for adult mental health services, dementia and autism
- Delivery of key national targets for mental health, dementia and autism including targets on Early intervention in psychosis, Crisis services and alternatives, 28 day waiting times for community mental health services, IAPT access and Dementia diagnosis waiting times
- Managing the Mental Health pooled budget
- Engagement with people with lived experience of mental health issues, dementia or autism and their carers.
For an informal discussion, please contact James Salmon on 01438 844152.
Closing date: 18 October 2021
Interview date: 2 & 5 November 2021