Are you an experienced and skilled lawyer looking for new challenges? If so, we want to hear from you.
We are looking to recruit a lawyer specialising in property law, to deal with a varied and interesting caseload. The successful candidate will have excellent communication, drafting skills and the ability to provide legal advice to a variety of audiences, including senior officers and Members. You will be a solicitor, barrister or FCILEx with at least 3 years PQE (or equivalent) in property law. The individual will be accustomed to working at pace in a busy team and ideally have previous Local Government experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join a committed and highly regarded in-house legal team. Enfield Legal Services is professional, friendly and inclusive, with an excellent reputation and has huge transformation aspirations with exciting projects. We're employers that develop talent, encourage innovation and have a supportive and flexible working environment. If you want to be part of our journey, we would love to hear from you.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23.59 Monday 18th October 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply please click on the apply button below.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact John Hood on 020 8132 1228 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Andrea Walkerdine on 0208 132 1022 or email@example.com A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.