About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant IT Infrastructure Engineerto join our team.
To administer, maintain and support the Association`s network, hardware infrastructure including software and operating systems. This role also requires the provision of a high quality, efficient, effective and secure information communications and technology service to the Association. This role provides a learning opportunity to transition from working on the IT Helpdesk, and acquire the skills necessary to become an IT Infrastructure Engineer. This role will involve working closely with, and learning from the IT Infrastructure Engineer(s), under the oversight of the IT Operations Manager.
Youll be responsible for:
- Ensure that users have the equipment and systems access required to complete their day-to-day tasks. Provide staff with advice, support and assistance for any IT issues.
- Install, configure and administer the IT infrastructure including servers, printers, PCs, laptops, networking equipment, and audio-visual equipment (TVs, projectors, etc).
- Write and update documentation, procedures and policies for existing IT systems, services or telecommunications equipment.
- Help ensure all security, backup and disaster recovery arrangements for hardware, software and telecommunications are in place and operating correctly.
We are looking for someone who is:
Have experience working in an IT environment
Have experience supporting and building Windows PCs and Laptops
Highly organised and can multitask effectively
Able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service
Flexible in your approach to work
Committed to equality and diversity
Able to take a positive approach to supporting others
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
£30,630 pa for a 35 hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Well-equipped on-site gym
How to Apply
To apply for this position please complete an online application form below.
Please see below for a copy of the Assistant IT Infrastructure Engineer Job description.
Closing date: Friday 22nd October 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 27th October 2021
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We are currently working on plans to safely re-open our offices in Hemel Hempstead. All candidates must be able to commute to our office in Hemel Hempstead on four days each week once the offices do re-open.