The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) is the UK’s independent regulator of clinics providing fertility treatment and research involving human embryos.
We are looking for a Risk and Business Planning Manager who will report to our Head of Planning and Governance. The post holder will lead our planning, programme management and risk management service. This is a varied and rewarding role in a small, specialist and very interesting regulatory body.
The post holder will:
- Lead on our strategic and operational risk registers, and the development and review of associated policies and processes.
- Work with the Head of Planning and Governance to develop and publish the annual business plan, and work closely with staff teams to ensure annual operational service delivery plans are produced and kept up to date.
- Work with the Head of Planning and Governance to periodically develop and embed new corporate strategies (currently in year one of a three year strategy).
- Lead our performance monitoring process, including the development and testing of new performance indicators, monthly data gathering and the regular presentation of key performance information to the Senior Management Team and the Authority.
- Lead our Programme Management Office, line managing the Programme Support Officer, and supporting project managers and sponsors. You will Chair the regular programme board meetings, maintain and improve tools and processes, and present regular corporate reports on project progress.
- Manage our monthly Corporate Management Group decision-making meetings – including the scheduling and minuting of meetings, work planning, and report production.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys a varied portfolio and is strongly quality-minded.
The right candidate will have solid experience working with both risk registers and planning documents, and may have worked in another regulator or similar public body.
You will also have a good working knowledge of project management (ideally with a formal PRINCE and/or Agile qualification) and be conversant with performance measurement processes such as setting key performance indicators and working with performance data in MS Excel.
Bringing a continuous improvement mindset and an eye for detail, you will be a skilled report writer and presenter, with excellent verbal communication skills. You will have previous experience of writing and presenting complex reports to a Board and other senior audiences. You will bring professionalism and credibility to the role, and will be comfortable dealing with challenge and change.
You will have supreme organisational skills and be proactive in prioritising different strands of work so as to meet deadlines. A problem-solver with a good eye for risks and mitigations, you love to encourage others to extract positive learning from issues and incidents, and you are a passionate believer in the power of good planning and risk management to improve organisational outcomes and benefits.
For more information about the HFEA’s work, please visit our website at www.hfea.gov.uk.
If you would like more information, please contact Paula Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7291 8220.
To apply please click the link below.
Closing date: Sunday 17 October 2021
Interview date: TBC