Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
The Senior Software Engineer is a key role in providing technical software solutions to work requests, incidents or solution design requirements related to transformation project work. Primarily, they will be developing software solutions related to Web integrations, interfaces or Business Intelligence solutions , ensuring they are developed to defined standards, and improving the service.
We are ideally looking for a candidate who must have the following key skills and experience related to SAP Business Objects:
- Experience using and writing reports in SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence
- Experience creating and maintaining SAP Business Objects Universes
- Experience creating complex webi reports functionality including drill down capability
- Experience upgrading and maintaining SAP software.
- Creating reports using multiple data providers or sources.
- Experience developing with SSIS packages to populate data marts
The right candidate would also be able to provide technical skills to support existing BI solutions and processes, legacy interfaces, and be open to moving into Microsoft BI technologies.
Being familiar with social care databases underlying Social Care Applications such as Liquid Logic would be an advantage.
We are ideally looking for a strong candidate with significant experience developing BI reports using BusinessObjects, including developing and maintaining universes and rolling out webi reports with complex functionality.
Additionally, the candidate must also have experience developing ETL processes using SSIS packages and data modelling.
The right candidate should also be able to provide technical skills to support existing BI solutions and processes, legacy interfaces, and be open to moving into Microsoft BI technologies such as Power Apps.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.