Winchester is a vibrant heritage destination with world class attractions and architecture. You will work within the Revenues Team which is based in the heart of this historic city.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Revenues professional to join our high-performing Revenues team. You will build on our good reputation, contribute to our evolving service-improvement and always put our customers first. If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity in Revenues management then this is the role for you.
The Revenues team operates in a thriving customer facing environment and the responsibility for the day to day management of the work is the role of the Revenues Team Leaders. You will motivate and assist your Revenues Officers, Customer Advisors and Property Inspector, making sure that Council Tax and Business Rates are collected promptly.
IT literate, you will have excellent communication, numerical and customer service skills which will be supported by an organised and self-motivated approach and the ability to meet performance targets that measure a high standard of accuracy, productivity and time-sensitive related work. You will be enthusiastic, a team player and you will acquire and maintain a thorough knowledge of all the relevant legislation in order to support staff and customers. You will deal with enquiries, complaints and freedom of information and data sharing requests from customers.
The job description for the post details a wide range of tasks that a Revenues Team Leader would be expected to carry out. You must have at least 3 years relevant experience of Council Tax and Non-Domestic Rates. It is preferable that you hold a Revenues related IRRV qualification (Technician, Level 3 Certificate or Diploma), but this can be achieved through on the job training or an agreed programme of study with the IRRV.
If you feel you have the necessary background, experience and skills to undertake this role we would like to hear from you. In return, we offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- Salary up to £35,745 per annum
- Employer paid health care cash plan scheme
- Cycle to Work and Car Benefit salary sacrifice schemes
- Up to 32 days annual leave per year
- Flexible working arrangements
- Up to 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted membership at the two leisure centres in the district
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Employee retail and shopping discounts
- Season Ticket loans
- Excellent central location
- Support for continuous professional development
For further information about the role and requirements please see the Job Description.
Closing Date: 21st October 2021
Interview Date(s): 3rd / 4th November 2021