Waltham Forest is a fiercely ambitious council, adapting to the to meet the ever changing demands and pressures on our public services. The past 18 months has seen residents’ health, family life and economic prospects severely challenged. At the same time there is a huge determination to take concerted action to challenge the inequalities that hold back too many residents.
We are looking for two skilled PMO Analysts to join our Change Team. The Portfolio Management Office supports project, programme and portfolio activities across the council in line with the organisation’s strategic objectives and capacity to deliver. The PMO provides the skill, capability and discipline to set up and assure a complex set of programmes that will contribute to achieving strategic objectives.
These roles will play a crucial role in supporting processes and quality assurance over programme and project reporting, including risk and issue management. You will sit at the heart of the council and play a key role in embedding principles of agile delivery focussed on improving outcomes for residents. We want to hear from those that have an enthusiasm to widen the breadth of their knowledge in relation to project management in a strategic context.
Key skills and experience for the successful candidate are:
- Good understanding of local government and desire to improve outcomes for residents
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
- Strong organisational and business change skills to ensure high quality governance, planning and reporting arrangements are in place
- Experience of supporting organisational change and transformation with a strong grounding in technical project support skills
- Experience of capturing, analysing, improving and reporting data to inform strategic decisions
- Proactive approach to developing processes and procedures to facilitate continuous improvement
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
For an informal conversation about this role, please contact Hannah Futter
(Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a call.