Role: Federation School Business Manager
Pay: £31,346 - £34,728 pro rata per annum (Grade 9)
Part time: 42 weeks/year, 37 hours/week
Start date: January 2022
The Governors of The Acorns Primary & Nursery and Whitley Village Federated School are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and experienced Federation School Business Manager to work across the two schools The successful candidate will be a member of the Leadership Team and will play an integral role in the strategic and financial direction of the Federation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Financial management of two schools
- Working closely with the Management Teams and the Governing Body, keeping all stakeholders informed, moving the schools forward and meeting their changing needs
- Securing income through appropriate grants and bids
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a strong financial background, preferably within an educational setting. Knowledge of electronic financial and personnel systems such as PS Financials, Parent Pay, SIMs and Unit 4 would be an advantage.
- Can ensure the effective management, reporting and recording of the schools’ finances.
- Has the ability to identify the need for change and implement change successfully to enhance existing practice, overcoming challenges and creating new and effective solutions.
- Demonstrates integrity, determination, self-motivation and the desire for a challenge.
- Has experience of successful bid and grant applications
- Is a highly effective communicator, both written and verbal, and works well as part of both a small and large team.
- Is determined to make a difference to our two school communities.
- Has a degree, diploma or accreditation in School Business Management.
As a Federation we are proud to have:
- A commitment to providing high quality education and experiences, and to raising standards
- Well-behaved and enthusiastic pupils
- Supportive parents and Governors
- Close links with members of the local communities
- A friendly, hard-working and collaborative staff team
- The exciting challenges and opportunities working across two schools offers
If you feel you have the skills and experiences we are looking for, visits to the schools are welcome. Please contact the headteacher directly to arrange. You are required to complete the online application form including a letter of application in the Application Questions section (letter should be no more than 2 sides of A4), stating how you meet the criteria for the position, with evidence to support this, and why you feel you would be an appropriate candidate to take the role.
The Federation places the highest priority on keeping our pupils safe. Applicants for the post will be subject to stringent vetting and induction processes. The successful candidate will be subject to the relevant checks and enhanced DBS.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 3rd November 2021 at midday, Interviews will be held on Monday 15th November 2021.