We’re helping to make a difference to vulnerable people. You can support us to do this.
Each day brings new challenges and we have to react to the demands of vulnerable homeless clients in temporary accommodation and ensuring that our accommodation meet all Health & Safety Regulations and remain safe to be used to place our customers. We want our clients to feel safe and secure and to get people back on their feet quickly. These are just some of the things you will be supporting us to do when you join us. You are going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work. You’ll have time to immerse yourself in the community. To deliver better today. And to create a better tomorrow.
Because we're Bracknell Forest
What it's like working in our team...
The Housing Management Team is a small but busy team providing an extensive and responsive property management service to homeless clients placed into temporary accommodation procured by the Council. Sitting within the Welfare and Housing Service the team support each other by working closely together to achieve the right results, and to deliver a holistic service to clients who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. You will be involved in varied and challenging work daily.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- Proactively engage with people living in temporary accommodation to establish their most likely route to re-housing in settled accommodation. In doing so,
- Work directly with clients to quickly build up relationships, enabling you to manage their expectations surrounding their ‘Move on’ Options, and identify any support needs to help them sustain future accommodation.
- Supporting households to access agreed move-on options including but not limited to support with bidding strategies, qualifying offers, PRSO, and access to supported.
- Support service users to register on the Choice Based Lettings platform and bid for properties Ensure tenants have an active housing register application so they can bid for permanent accommodation
- Liaise with other parts of the service, identifying private rented accommodation for clients, in order to identify a suitable housing option. To advise clients on how best to source this type of accommodation themselves and the assistance available.
- Undertake procedures for housing customers into private rented sector and other accommodation types, including ensuring compliance with statutory requirements, guidance governing the suitability of accommodation and Council policies, procedures and targets.
- This role is key to ensuring that households are moved from temporary accommodation so that year on year reductions of households in temporary accommodation can be achieved.
The benefits you will experience are...
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
You will have excellent customer engagement skills, be able to describe and talk through options, have relevant knowledge and be able to undertake holistic assessment of needs, including financial assessments and use a range of resources and tools to support the move-on process so that households are moved into suitable and affordable accommodation first time round. With excellent communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines you will be able to manage your time and resources effectively.
Interviews will be held on 11th November.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask a question about this role. Please contact:
Sarah Baynes, Housing Resources Service Manager
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified