CORPORATE DEBT TEAM LEADER
Permanent, 37 hours per week
NS10 - £29,577 to £31,346 per annum - subject to pay award 21/22
Over the last few years the Council has transformed the way it works in response to financial challenges from reducing funding. Rather than just focussing on cutting spending, we have reshaped the organisation to make it more business focussed and introduced different delivery vehicles to deliver efficiencies and improve performance. By doing so we have created a strong financial position with a flexible and dedicated workforce to deliver to Newark and Sherwood residents the excellent Council services they deserve.
Reporting to the Assistant Business Manager - Financial Services, you will be responsible for:
- Providing a comprehensive, high quality and proactive Corporate Debt collection service;
- The effective management of Sundry Debtor, Council Tax and Business rates accounts (post liability order stage) to ensure the effective recovery of funds;
- Pursuing defaulters - proactively monitoring compliance and taking appropriate action where necessary to maximise income;
- Working with other Business Units regarding outstanding debts and disputed invoices, and issue instructions to, and liaise with, the Council’s debt collection agency where appropriate.
The ideal candidate will meet the following key essential criteria:
- Have worked within a revenues service/credit control or equivalent environment previously (preferably within the local government sector although this is not essential),
- a proven track record of successful and proactive management of debtor accounts to conclusion
- A credit control qualification
- an understanding of the law and recovery processes relating to recovery of debts
In return we can offer you:
- A competitive salary and workplace pension,
- a generous annual leave entitlement that increases with service,
- flexibility in the way you work (including working hours, days or locations)
For further information or an informal discussion, please contact Nick Wilson on 01636 655317.
For online applications please visit our website www.newark-sherwooddc.gov.uk/vacancies for application packs e-mail email@example.com or telephone 01636 655220.
Applications must be received by 12 noon on Friday 29th October 2021
Interviews being held week commencing Monday 8th November 2021