At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and supports people. In Crowthorne, Berkshire we provide high-quality care and support to adults with learning and physical disabilities.
We are looking for some great new Support Workers to join our team in our relaxed home in Crowthorne where your days will be filled with lots of laughter and entertaining events with our residents.
Who we are looking for
We`re keen to recruit individuals on a part time basis who care regardless of qualifications or experience. We care more about you sharing and demonstrating our values, which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
We will give you all the training and support you need to do the role including a qualification in health and social care, if you don`t already have one.
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
You`ll be empowering our service users to lead the life they want and you`ll support them to go out for woodland walks, going by car on day trips, to the cinema and bowling. You`ll join a supportive team with a `can do` attitude who engage with our residents to find new things for the service users to join in with whether it`s arts and crafts, cooking or a disco. As part of the role you will be required to provide personal care and support with eating and drinking.
Permanent contracts available at 22.5 hours a week.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact us on 01442 292291or email@example.com
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £9.30 per hour
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Fully paid DBS
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please download the job description and click apply below.
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory right to work, enhanced DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
During the pandemic we are following Government guidance regarding reducing transmission rates.
This means we are taking every precaution to keep you and everyone involved safe during the recruitment process. It also means that if legislative or other requirements change in the future, we may need to make vaccination mandatory for staff joining us. These matters can be discussed at interview.