New Opportunity to be Involved in Climate Action and Sustainability
In Enfield we have set challenging targets to be carbon neutral organisation by 2030 and a carbon neutral borough by 2040. We need to move at pace to deliver against these targets, so we are looking for someone to fill a Climate Action and Sustainability Lead Officer role.
The scale of the Council’s ambition is set out in our Climate Action Plan, which was adopted in August 2020 and has over 100 actions and targets that will underpin our journey to carbon neutrality.
The Council Plan also recognises the importance of climate action, so it is now a cross-cutting theme with strong support from our Cabinet and senior management team.
Based in the Council’s Place Department, which is already delivering carbon neutrality through projects such as installing low energy streetlights and the planting of 100,000 trees, we need someone who can work across the Council to deliver change and embed climate action, with a focus on decarbonising existing buildings and delivering sustainable new developments.
Enfield is already a great place to live and work and has all the ingredients for future success. Our attractive historic market town boasts a prime location with great transport links into central London. We host a myriad of assets from great spaces, cultural venues and countryside including the Lee Valley Regional Park and high performing industrial economy that is an engine room for London’s wider economy.
Now we want to make it the greenest borough in London, which delivers a lifetime of opportunities for everyone with good homes, healthy communities and an economy that works for all our residents.
Delivering climate action and sustainability for Enfield is a once in a lifetime opportunity, so why don’t you jump on the team and come on in for the big win?
We want to hear from individuals who have the skills, experience and drive to take on the climate emergency and deliver real change for our customers. The successful applicant will need to be able to communicate complex material to a range of audiences and create strong working relationships, including with our diverse communities, other Council teams, Councillors and wider stakeholders.
The main duties of the role are:
- Be the Council’s go to person in respect of the decarbonisation of buildings, including both existing and new with core areas of work:
- Supporting planning officers to assess the emissions from new development
- Securing compliance with planning policy requirements (national, regional and local) and / or securing appropriate mitigation including via S106 contributions in respect of new developments
- Development of sustainable planning policies to support delivery of buildings which are net zero via compliance or contributions
- Supporting the Retrofit London housing programme
- Facilitating building retrofit projects.
- Embed a climate action in all policies approach across the Council, making it part of our everyday, and encourage positive action in the wider Enfield community.
- To lead, influence and drive positive, ambitious transformation of the Council’s operations and activities to achieve our Climate Action Plan targets.
- Ensure the Climate Action Plan remains on track including working with the wider team to analyse data, prepare regular report updates, annual progress reports and periodic reviews.
- Working with national and regional organisations and networks to raise the Council’s profile as a leader in taking climate action, as well as secure funding for delivery of the Council’s programme of work.
- Support directors and senior managers to deliver the Council’s actions to achieve carbon neutrality by 2030.
- Challenge existing processes and behaviours, including ensuring that other programmes take into account climate action and sustainability.
- Build climate action capacity within the Council and the wider community.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59pm on 1st November 2021
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Iona MacKinnon on 020 4526 5336 or email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Dominic Millen on 020 8132 0987.