Peabody are looking to recruit a recently graduated Trainee Surveyor (with a minimum degree 2:2) to support our existing surveying team. You will join our West Kent based Home Improvement Agency Team (HIA) on 2 year Fixed Term Contract. In return we can offer a competitive salary of £26,000 per annum.
The Trainee Surveyor role will include providing a professionally qualified, comprehensive surveying and technical service to clients. Enabling them to choose and achieve appropriate housing solutions; promoting independence, wellbeing and inclusion. Including advice on energy efficiency measures, repairs and maintenance. In addition, will develop relationships with Local Authorities and Social Services.
You will initially be assisting with managing a caseload, managing/supervising contractors carrying out adaptations and repairs in domestic housing, designing and planning extensions and major adaptations to domestic buildings including all surveys, calculations, statutory applications and produce design work using AutoCAD. Further responsibilities will involve design statements, CDM 2015 and detailed tender documents, and successfully preparing works for Planning and Building Regulations approval.
What we are looking for in our Trainee Surveyor:
- Experience of surveying preferred
- Experience of AutoCAD preferred
- Proficient IT skills including databases, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent knowledge of building pathology
- Ability to write and disseminate detailed technical reports
- Approachable with a can-do attitude
Benefits of becoming our Trainee Surveyor:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Sick pay
- Paid DBS (roles that require enhanced checks will include both the child and adult barring checks)
- Peabody offers a variety of different types of roles and encourages staff development and progression
- Paid Induction Training
- 24/7 access to a confidential employee assistance programme line
- Up to 4% pension contribution matched 1:1
- Flexible benefits of 1% of salary with a minimum of £300
- Spot Bonus awards
- Long Service awards
- Paid Mileage at 45p per mile (as applicable)
Closing date: 5pm, Tuesday 26th October 2021
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Trainee Surveyor, please click ‘apply’ now!
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.