Enfield is serious about ending homelessness -
We are excited to be launching our bold new approach to tackling homelessness, eliminating rough sleeping and drastically reducing the use of temporary accommodation. We are working to create a better range of housing solutions for residents – more council owned homes, a wider variety of housing products, a better quality private rented sector that can be more easily accessed and sustained.
With one of the most severe homelessness challenges in London we knew that we need to respond differently:
- c3,600 households in temporary accommodation
- 4,000 households requesting help each year
- 4,580 tenants in the private rented sector with an income less than their expenditure
- Limited social housing: only 15% of our stock is owned by social landlords
- A large and expanding private rented sector which increased by 60% between 2006-2016
Our new Housing Advisory Service will:
- Step in to prevent people from becoming homeless at the earliest possible stage, rather than waiting until they have a crisis
- Equip people with the skills to secure and sustain a tenancy in the private rented sector through training and support
- Reshape the local housing market to improve access to housing in the private rented sector for residents whilst improving quality through a new Ethical Lettings agency
- Focus on finding sustainable housing solutions for residents.
- Work to ensure a wider range of housing pathways are in place for residents with specialised needs
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to fill a brand-new role within the Housing Advisory Service as Internal Communications Officer to help us drive a step change in our communications reach, impact and enable our transformation agenda.
The role will sit within the corporate Communication Team but will be managed day-to- day by the Service Development Manager within the Housing Advisory Service.
With responsibility for developing and delivering a comprehensive communications strategy you will work closely with our corporate communications team. You will be experienced in running impactful digital marketing campaigns and website transformation. You will be passionate about developing and leading campaigns on key housing issues that supports the Services annual delivery plans and is aligned with the Services vision and priorities that seeks to end homelessness in Enfield.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Lian Brian-Preacher on 0208 132 2611 for an informal discussion.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: 23.59 on Wednesday 3 November 2021
Interview Date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply please click on the apply button below.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Scott Atkins on 0208 132 1307 or Scott.Atkins@enfield.gov.uk.