To commence as soon as possible
Godwin Junior School is a successful, four-form entry junior school in Forest Gate, Newham. We serve a vibrant and diverse community, where excellent relationships promote an inclusive, warm and secure environment where children feel safe and valued.
Central to the ethos and vision of our school is the belief that every child can achieve well and that it is our purpose to prepare our children for lifelong success. As members of the Whole Education network, we are committed to developing the whole child - not just achieving strong academic results, but also helping our children to explore and develop their artistic, drama, musical, debating and sporting talents. Our UNICEF Rights Respecting Schools status demonstrates our commitment to global citizenship in the school’s ethos, curriculum and after-school clubs.
We are seeking to appoint excellent teachers whose creativity and dynamism will inspire our highly-motivated pupils, instil in them a love of learning and support them to develop their Learning Powers.
What makes us unique?
- motivated and well-behaved children who enjoy learning
- an ethos in which all of our children are supported to discover their talents and be successful
- a dedicated, highly-skilled and welcoming team of teachers and support staff who constantly seek to ensure that all of our children thrive – academically and pastorally
- a leadership team who place our children at the heart of every decision
- a real commitment to high-quality professional development
- a supportive, diverse community which contributes to our ethos
What makes you unique?
- inspirational, creative and passionate about teaching
- committed to supporting pupil well-being
- an excellent classroom practitioner who is committed to inclusion and high expectations for all
- an experienced and highly-motivated team-player
- reflective and enthusiastic to improve your practice through CPD
We offer the Inner London Weighting Allowance.
We are seeking to appoint experienced teachers who have been class teachers in the UK.
Candidates will be contacted upon receipt of application form.
Start Date: as soon as possible
Unfortunately, visits during the school day are not possible at the current time but we would be pleased to welcome you to look around after school. Please also see our website for more information about the school: www.godwin.newham.sch.uk
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice & pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any employment is confirmed. The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.