Are you someone who is passionate about developing and improving digital skills in the workforce and community?
We’re looking for a talented Digital Learning and Development Specialist to join our Digital Team and help us build the digital skills of our own workforce and strengthen digital adoption for our residents and communities. We're taking steps to strengthen our digital skills and increase awareness and use by our residents and communities. Integral to this will be experience of working with a range of digital abilities to build understanding and use to ensure our workforce and residents can take advantage of digital opportunities for service provision and use in a post COVID environment.
You will be part of a new directorate leading on a fresh approach to how we work with our customers and how we use data and user research to deliver effective digital service transformation. If you are commercially-driven and socially-minded and you want to work within a strong, forward thinking like-minded team you should seriously consider joining us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating a Digital Skills Framework and ensuring it’s successful adoption within the Council
- Facilitating upskilling the Council’s workforce in digital skills and understanding including creating and maintaining networks of champions and superusers where required
- Supporting the corporate learning management system and e-learning agenda
- Managing 3rd parties to deliver digital solutions for digital training and skills transfer, and ensuring that suppliers deliver as per agreed statement of works
- Strengthening relationships with the Voluntary Sector and Community Groups to help them promote digital adoption across the Borough including digitally disenfranchised residents
We’d love to meet someone with:
- Experience managing and communicating digital skills development across a number of abilities and platforms
- A proven track record of managing the development of digital skills and abilities focusing on user needs
- Experience of managing delivery of digital training requirements for a number of different projects simultaneously
- Ability to function as a self-starter with strong communication skills, able to communicate recommendations, clearly, concisely and compellingly to senior stakeholders and the wider business
- Adaptability, flexibility and able to multi task
- Pro-active engagement with best practice digital learning and development techniques and thinking
Closing Date 11pm, 27th November 2021
For an informal discussion, please contact: Nick Spencer - Nicholas.Spencer@wokingham.gov.uk.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.