We will provide you with an excellent opportunity to take forward your career. Come and join a busy authority.
Bracknell Forest is a Unitary Authority situated in an area facing continuing growth pressures. Large housing developments are now coming forward and we have a regenerated town centre with new retail outlets, homes, restaurants and leisure facilities. In order to deal with increased development activity, we are seeking to appoint a Planning Officer to deal with smaller schemes. You will gain valuable experience and contribute to shaping development within Bracknell Forest that we can be proud of.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
We are a friendly and busy team, mainly dealing with householder planning applications and schemes up to 10 dwellings/1,000m2 of commercial floorspace and planning enforcement matters. Sometimes the work is challenging however there is also time for finding creative solutions and every day is different.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Examine, process and evaluate planning and related applications, including site inspections, negotiations and preparation of reports to the committee, or reports under the officer delegation arrangements and prepare statements in relation to written representation appeals.
- Respond to correspondence and enquiries relating to planning matters and provide advice to members of the public including the provision of pre-application advice and written opinions as to the need for planning permission and other related approvals.
- Contribute towards the formulation of planning policies, the production of development briefs, guidance and advice leaflets.
- Research and reply to queries regarding the history of sites from the public, other departments and planning colleagues.
- Assist with the preparation and monitor the implementation of Section 106 Agreements including assisting with investigation and taking appropriate action in cases of non-compliance.
- Attend occasional Planning Committee and Executive meetings and meetings of outside bodies as required.
The benefits you will experience are…
- We will pay your Annual Subscription to an annual professional body.
- Opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and reliable person with a strong focus on customer service who is willing and able to undertake a variety of duties expected of a Planning Officer. Someone with good communication skills to provide advice to those using our services, particularly responding to enquiries from members of the public in relation to householder and smaller commercial developments. The successful candidate will work in the Development Management Team and will gain experience in dealing with pre-application enquires, planning applications and associated appeals.
Interviews will be held on Monday 13 December 2021 face to face
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Basia Polnik
Job Title: Development Management Team Manager
Phone Number: 01344 351134 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.