Medway Council are looking to appoint a Senior Partnership Commissioner to our Children’s Partnership Commissioning Team, working across the Council and the Kent and Medway CCG.
The successful candidate will work on a range of projects relating to the commissioning of children and family services across the Medway and Swale Health and Care Partnership, and in partnership with colleagues across Kent more widely. A key focus for this role will be commissioning children’s community health services including maintaining close partnership working arrangements in relation to the national SEND agenda. The successful candidate will be required to lead on key areas of commissioning activity, linking services and priorities across allied areas of work in partnership with other commissioners and service providers.
As Senior Partnership Commissioner your responsibilities will include:
- Leading on the delivery of a range of commissioning intentions as outlined within the emerging Medway and Swale Health and Care Partnership Plan service delivery plan
- Establish a best practice approach to commissioning, ensuring quality, value for money and effective market development
- Managing a Partnership Commissioner and working with stakeholders of all kinds, to operationalise and continuously improve outcomes for children and families
- Substantial commissioning knowledge and skills with a strong track record in the involvement of complex commissioning projects and service transformation
- A strategic thinker and able to work across organisational boundaries to deliver change and development
- Significant knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and national best practice, preventative services and challenges relating to children and family services
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Car Benefit Scheme from Tusker
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
We provide all local Government services for a quarter of a million people, looking after education, environment, social care, housing, planning, business and much more - everything from frontline services such as rubbish collection and events like the Dickens Festival to work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure services in Medway run smoothly and cost effectively.
Working at Medway Council means that you get to be part of this journey working alongside talented, professional colleagues to drive forward change to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager please call Julia Cox on 01634 338103
Interviews are likely to be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, if your application is successfully shortlisted.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.