St. Luke’s seeks an enthusiastic, proactive and committed practitioner with a substantial knowledge of working with children with additional educational to undertake the role of SENCO.
This will be a key post and will enable the post holder to make a significant contribution to ongoing development of our highly effective, successful school.
Our school environment is a safe, nurturing one and as a result, the pupils enjoy their learning and achieve well. Behaviour for learning is also very good.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated individual who has a clear commitment to inclusion and a passion for ensuring that all pupils achieve their best. This is a non-classroom based position to allow the successful candidate the opportunity to support staff and children throughout the school.
You will be:
- Be a highly effective, experienced teacher with excellent communication skills and an ability to motivate and inspire children and staff.
- Have a belief in the capacity of all children to succeed and reach their potential.
- Have experience of supporting children with English as an additional language.
- Have a thorough understanding of how children learn, as well as children’s barriers to learning.
- Hold a relevant SENCO qualification (or demonstrate a willingness to undertake it whilst in post) or have significant previous experience of a lead SENCO role.
In return, we can offer:
- Polite, friendly and welcoming children whose behaviour and commitment to learning is outstanding.
- A team of positive, supportive and experienced Teaching Assistants.
- A real opportunity to actively contribute to the strategic development of our school as it continues in its aim to offer outstanding provision.
Please contact the school for more information and an application pack. Applications are also available to download online at www.st-lukesprimary.com. Visits to our school are actively encouraged.
ODST has a responsibility for, and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS.
Please apply directly to the school.
Closing date: 1 December 2021
Interviews: 9 December 2021