This is your chance to join Elmbridge Borough Council, a Local Authority in Surrey with compassion, energy and dedication to our residents.
We are looking for two qualified Accounting Technicians for our busy Finance Team who provide high quality financial advice to the council.
Candidates should be looking for a career in Local Government and be willing to study CIPFA.
About the role
We are looking for enthusiastic people, willing to contribute to a wide range of financial activities including:
- the preparation of budgets
- budget monitoring
- closing of the accounts
- and the completion of statistical returns
You will assist in providing quality advice and information to our Heads of Service and Budget Managers to support decision making, financial planning, monitoring and reporting.
The two roles will cover either:
- The Housing, Leisure and Community Support Services areas
- Resources (central frontline services such as Elections, as well as central support services including Information Technology and Asset Management & Property maintenance) areas.
We are an organisation of over 400 employees, 48 Councillors and countless volunteers. With a gross annual expenditure of over £100M, we work hard to deliver quality public services cost effectively, for the residents of Elmbridge.
As a borough council, we are responsible for services such as waste collection and recycling, housing, planning and parks, playgrounds and green spaces. We are committed to delivering our vision for a confident, cohesive and thriving Elmbridge.
The wellbeing of our employees is vitally important to us; whether it’s mindfulness, healthy walks or mental health first aid, there are a wide range of opportunities available to you; after all, when you thrive, Elmbridge thrives.
If you are:
- highly numerate
- have excellent IT and communication skills
- have AAT or part CIPFA qualification
- would like to work in a highly successful team with good career opportunities
Contact Alison Gale (01372 474121) for further details about this exciting opportunity.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 6 December 2021
Interview Dates: Wednesday 15 December & Thursday 16 December