• Someone who is passionate about the end user and considers their needs to be at the centre of everything we design?
• Always looking for creative and innovative ways to benefit users?
• Comfortable championing users’ perspectives while keeping business and technical needs in mind?
• An experienced BA or currently working in customer service with a firm grasp of using business analysis and user research to investigate problems and analyse options for new and existing services?
• Confident in developing robust business cases which outline potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits and associated risks and costs?
• Skilled at stakeholder management and building strong relationships with those impacted by change?
• Excited to work as part of a new team and share experiences, knowledge and ideas to bring about improvements?
If so, then our Business Analyst role could be perfect for you. Join us and help provide the insight necessary to meet the evolving needs of our communities.
This is a fixed term contract for 12 months, with the potential to extend.
Our mission is to create connected and inclusive communities. Digital is how we do business and we’re harnessing innovation and user-centred design to transform the future for our residents and businesses.
Join us at the forefront of innovation and use your skills to make a positive impact.
The Service Design Team sits with Digital and IT, but covers all aspects of customer experience, from start to finish. We’ll look to you to investigate issues, design, plan and carry out research for some of our most complex design challenges. You’ll then analyse the results and provide information to guide the transformation of our services and make the best use of our investments in technology.
You’ll always be on the lookout for opportunities to reduce costs, improve, optimise and innovate. You’ll champion user-centred design, helping the wider team and organisation develop a deep understanding of the people that use our services and the people who deliver them.
With your research and analysis, we can get to the heart of our residents’ needs, build amazing services, and, ultimately, make people’s lives better.
Technology is not the focus here, excellent customer service is, and your user-centred skills will help us achieve that.
Find out more
Please read the role profile for further information about the role and what we’re looking for from candidates.
How to apply
Please apply online outlining what skills, abilities and experience you can bring which makes you an ideal candidate for this role. Please ensure you refer to the requirements outlined in the job profile when completing your application.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient applications have been received. It’s strongly advised that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Working for Hounslow
In return for your skills, we can offer the chance to be part of an inclusive team, within an incredible borough. We offer flexible working, career development and a whole range of generous benefits, including:
• A competitive salary of £40,869- £48,819.
• A minimum of 24 days annual leave, which can go up to 30 days, plus public and bank holidays.
• Generous, secure and safe pension in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
We predominantly work remotely with some travel to / within Hounslow when needed. Although it is important that you will be able to travel to Hounslow when required, we do not anticipate that you will need to work in Hounslow five days a week, and we offer flexible working arrangements.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.