Job Title: SfYP Senior Support Officer
Salary Range: £23,080 - £25,481 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
Services for Young People enables young people to succeed through the delivery of targeted prevention and early intervention to address emerging needs, improve life chances, and reduce escalation to more expensive and intensive services. It supports young people who are challenged in education, their communities or home life to ensure a successful transition to adulthood.
The Service has an opportunity for a senior administrator to provide professional support to the Head of Services for Young People, the Policy, Practice & Partnerships Manager, and the wider team. This will include a range of tasks:
- monitoring the Service email inbox and phone line
- processing daily referrals into the service, liaising with referrers and district teams
- administering HCC financial processes
- taking and producing accurate meeting notes
- maintaining and developing spreadsheets, providing reports and compiling information
- arranging meetings including managing attendance through the use of multiple diaries, room bookings, drafting agendas and papers
- maintaining and updating contact lists, structure charts and centrally managed resources
- supporting the production of formal letters and reports
- co-ordination of recruitment activity
- processing of DBS checks
- providing support for a number of varied projects.
Flexibility, attention to detail, literacy and numeracy skills; and experience and the ability to interact confidently with the public and staff at all levels are essential. Ability to be discrete and maintain confidentiality is a must, including a high level of understanding about data protection (GDPR).
The post will be based in Hertford, with flexible working arrangements including home working. The post holder may sometimes work at other sites across the county; therefore, you must be able to access transport and travel independently when required.
The role offers variety and the opportunity to contribute to and influence the Service's administrative processes and support us in improving outcomes for young people.
Closing Date: 28th November 2021
Interview Date: 13th, 14th and 16th December 2021
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Julie Dymond Tel: 01438 843468