Job Title: Project Manager
Salary Range: £40,874 progressing to £43,857 pa
Hours: 37 per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
Technology is a key strategic section within the Improvement and Technology directorate of Hertfordshire County Council with the remit of maximising the benefits delivered to the Authority, and partner organisations, through planned use of ICT Services and Service Partners, the department develops a corporate framework of strategies, policies, and standards and manages the technical infrastructure which supports Central Government and key authority wide initiatives.
To manage the agreed project management process agreed with HCC’s Shared Managed Service partner Serco, and a number of prominent ICT projects for Head of ICT. To support agreed ICT policies and frameworks in conjunction with Service Partners and the organisational change and strategic corporate plans.
HCC are looking for Project Managers with the following experience:
- Rolling out Laptops / Desktops /Ipads / Virtual Desktops to thousands of staff across an organisation in multiple sites. Involving the roll out of kit , end user deployment , stock control and all associated elements.
Examples of what we are looking for are :
Windows 7 to Windows 10 EUC rollout and migration of legacy on premise systems to O365, for a mixture of remote, office and non-employee users
Experience of implementing Citrix virtualisation upgrade to support physical to virtual migration and VDI roll out to reduce computer replacement costs.
- HCC has projects across multiple departments and thus multiple stake holders experience of working in that environment is required.
- Experience of project and program management with complex work-streams and multiple dependencies. HCC has multiple projects going on at the same time with dependencies from one project affecting multiple other projects. The rollout projects of Laptop/Desktop or VDI usually meet this criteria.
- HCC has Agile development projects ( web forms and automation ) so we are looking for PM's with Agile project experience.
- The Project Manager needs to show evidence of communication with multiple stake holders who can be at multiple levels within our organisation.
Closing Date: 29th November 2021
Interview Date: week commencing 13th December 2021
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
How to Apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen. As part of the application you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and includes your current, or most recent, employer. You are also asked to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application will be rejected.
Important Note re Interviews: Where we are able to, and in accordance with current COVID-19 Government guidelines in regard to social distancing, all interviews will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, should you be shortlisted for an interview.
Hard to Fill Roles
Overseas Applications: We will accept applications from all applicants from outside, as well as from within the UK. Sponsorship opportunities may be available
Non Hard to Fill Roles
Overseas Applications: We will accept applications from all applicants who already have an established right to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide sponsorships for this post
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Why Hertfordshire: Watch our ‘Why Hertfordshire’ video. Our staff use their own words to tell their story and share their experiences of what it is like working here. Take your next step in your career.
CS Roles Only: We expect all Children Services employees to fulfil Hertfordshire's Professional Promise for how children, young people & young adults with special educational needs and / or disabilities and their families should be treated. It is our agreement to place families and children at the centre of what we do, and helps parents and carers to understand and be able to hold us to account for how we provide our services. For further information please visit:‘Professional Promise’
Hertfordshire County Council is currently undertaking a review of its pay structure and terms and conditions. The council is undertaking this review as part of its commitment to continuing to be an employer of choice, by ensuring that its pay and terms and conditions are relevant to future working practices. You can read more about this on our website