Dissected by the M3 Motorway, Surrey Heath is diverse and in addition to urban and town locations contains significant green belt land, countryside and rural settlements, conservation areas, sites of nature conservation importance and land liable to flood. The borough is constrained by the Thames Basin Heath Special Protection Area and is the most treed borough in the UK. With excellent links to London, Surrey Heath is an attractive place to work and live. This is a challenging time for the Council with the Local Plan review, regeneration opportunities within Camberley Town Centre, commercial interest with international companies investing in the borough, and significant new housing developments at Deepcut and throughout the borough.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced planner. This role will include dealing with a variety of planning applications, comprising a mix of delegated and committee applications. The successful candidate will be expected to deal with applications for major developments, which may require extensive pre-application discussions and hard negotiation on complex issues, and will be expected to represent the Council on appeals.
The successful applicant will:
- Possess good technical knowledge of development management.
- Have demonstrable experience working on a wide range of planning applications.
- Have experience of working on major developments.
- Have experience of presenting at committee.
- Be a highly motivated person, possessing ambition and drive.
- Be able to positively influence outcomes by working effectively with developers and applicants.
- Be able to handle pressure and competing interests.
Benefits include flexi time and a flexible working policy, a minimum of 25 days annual leave, Local Government Pension Scheme, free parking and lifestyle rewards benefits.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Michelle Fielder (Development Management Team Leader) on ext. 7241 or Jonathan Partington (Development Manager) on ext. 7296
Closing date: Monday 6th December2021
Interview Date: 16th & 17th December 2021