Location: Combination of home working and working from Southfields Council Office, Southfields Road, Loughborough, LE11 2TT.
The borough sits centrally between the three cities of Nottingham, Derby and Leicester. Charnwood is easily accessible from the M1.
We are looking for an Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) Officer to join the Council’s ASB Team. You will be responsible for the investigation of ASB and Hate incidents, supporting survivors of domestic abuse and taking effective and appropriate action. If you have the following, we want to hear from you.
- Knowledge of non-legal and legal interventions to successfully resolve anti-social behaviour complaints.
- Experience of handling difficult customers in a compassionate and sensitive manner.
- Effective partnership working.
- An ability to negotiate and communicate effectively.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your own workload to achieve targets and meet deadlines.
- Ability to make decisions, take the initiative and work well under pressure.
- A problem-solving approach.
You should consider the essential requirements and competencies relating to this post when applying and ensure you provide evidence that you meet the essential criteria within your application. You will not progress to interview stage unless you meet the essential criteria.
Disabled applicants and veterans applying for an externally advertised post will be guaranteed an interview where they meet the essential criteria. The Council welcomes applications from all members of the community.
What we can offer you
- Agile working – focus on work/life balance
- Generous annual leave
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free parking
- Subsidised leisure facilities
- A chance to develop your skills and expertise with a variety of training and development opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a wide variety of cases and housing related ASB from start to finish
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and a Non-Police Personnel Vetting (NPPV) process.
For an informal and confidential discussion about the role please request a telephone appointment by emailing Kerry Nicholson, ASB Team Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies or CVs please.
Closing Date: 28th November 2021 at midnight