Experienced Social Worker
The team is fast paced and offers an array of experiences within a supportive environment. We promote relationship-based practice and work with families and other professionals to achieve change. Direct work and hearing the child's voice is essential in our work.
The London Borough of Hounslow Intake East team has grown immensely over the past 12 months and is a vibrant, dedicated and stable team that benefits from three experienced managers. The team rise to the challenge and work incredibly hard to provide effective and timely support to our children and families.
What our Social Workers say about us:
"The best thing about working here is the training and development opportunities and the supportive team". Staff in Intake East have said “We feel well supported and enjoy the flexibility of managers, it feels like a family”.
Ofsted said that social workers in Hounslow are very motivated and they are working hard to get the best outcomes for children. Social workers told inspectors that they feel well supported by their line managers and have regular supervision and access to training.
The right candidate will have a proven commitment to achieving the best outcomes for children and young people whilst working quickly and under pressure. The right candidate will model excellent practice, mentor and coach less experienced social workers, and be the specialist lead across the service in an agreed area of practice.
What you will bring:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/Diploma)
- Registered with Social Work England
- At least 2 years statutory child protection experience working with children, young people and their families.
- An enthusiasm and passion for the safeguarding of children and young people.
- Ability to deliver high quality assessment, care plans and reports.
- First class communication and organisation skills.
How will you be supported?
- You will be part of a supportive team
- You will receive regular, reflective supervision from experienced social work managers.
- You will have access to a range of training opportunities through the West London Alliance and Hounslow Safeguarding Partnership.
- You will work in a modern new building with IT equipment that supports flexible and remote working. This helps our staff to achieve better work/life balance.
Essential for the Role:
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position, please contact
Zara.ODonnell@hounslow.gov.uk or 0208 583 6381.
To apply please visit www.hounslow.gov.uk/jobs
Closing date is 10 January 2022