KS2 Intervention and SEN Support teacher
The Lime Trust is looking for a KS2 intervention and SEN support teacher to join their team to start in January 2022. The Lime Trust consists of 8 schools, 4 Special and 4 Primary in Cambridgeshire and North and East London.
This post is based at Lime Academy Watergall, which is two form entry primary school in the centre of Peterborough.
The salary for this post will be paid in accordance with teacher pay and conditions and includes a TLR pro-rata for the SEN element of the role.
KS2 Intervention Teacher – 3 days per week
- Plan and deliver KS2 intervention sessions and tutoring programmes
- Respond to assessment data in collaboration with year group teams to ensure that gaps in learning are addressed and progress is accelerated
- Undertake regular monitoring and assessment of pupils within intervention groups to ensure support remains relevant to specific needs
- Regularly feedback to and engage in discussions with teaching teams across KS2
- Be aware of targets on individual provision maps in order to ensure interventions are relevant to all needs including SEND
SEND Support teacher – 2 days per week
- Demonstrate an interest and a willingness to develop and understanding of effective SEND provision
- Be proactive in seeking continuing CPD to support ongoing work within the field of SEND
- Work with support from the SENDCo to undertake targeted intervention for children with identified SEND, particularly those with Speech, Language and Communication needs, Cognition and Learning Needs and those with SEMH needs
- Support the SENDCo with referrals to external agencies such as Autism Advisory Teaching Service and Early Help Assessments
- Work alongside the trust Community Engagement Officer and school SENCO to support families as necessary
The Lime Trust’s vision is to provide high quality education for pupils through school to school collaboration and Trust direction, along with high challenge and support. All schools in the Lime Trust strive to improve the life chances for all and are respected in their local communities.
The Lime Way:
- Always working to be brilliant
- Putting children first
- Setting the standard
- Building capacity rich schools
The Values we embed in our schools are:
- Communication (a voice for all)
The successful candidate will have:
- A positive can-do attitude
- A commitment to driving standards of performance
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Resilience, humour and a sense of moral purpose
- Responsibility for creating a positive and safe learning environment to nurture pupils’ development
Our aim is to provide our pupils with the best possible opportunities to succeed with future goals and aspirations. We strive to ensure our pupils reach their full potential. The individual child is at the heart of all we do and we always inspire children to achieve the highest level.
If you are passionate about education and have the energy, drive and desire to motivate our pupils and ensure they achieve the best possible outcomes, this could be the right job for you.
- Welcoming and a supportive team
- Hardworking, motivated, supportive colleagues and leadership teams
- Employee assistance programme
- CPD opportunities including support with external courses for career development
- Enhanced Maternity leave benefits
- National pay rates
- Cycle to work scheme
Closing date: 9 December 9am
Please contact the school office for further details of the position by calling 01733 264238.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check).