Admin assistant advert – 17.5 hours
We are looking for an ambitious candidate who enjoys an interesting, people-focussed professional role to join our admin team. At first the post will be paid at grade 5 (£10.21 per hour), for 17.5 hours a week over five days. You will learn about the full range of school administration work including finance, GDPR, information management, communication and the all-important role front of house.
We are hopeful that the successful candidate will then be interested in being supported in training for and gaining a School Business Manager qualification which will then provide an opportunity for promotion within the school.
We can offer you:
- Friendly and supportive colleagues in our teaching and support staff colleagues
- A school culture with commitment to staff wellbeing and high levels of employee satisfaction
- A commitment to your own professional development and aspirations to progress in responsibilities and career
- Lovely children
- A quality working environment
- Very supportive governors and school leaders
We are looking for someone who:
- Is reliable and professional;
- Can organise and prioritise their work;
- Understands the importance of being flexible;
- Can work on their own initiative when required;
- Has good IT skills, using Word, Excel, e-mail and the ability to learn new systems and software;
- Has an understanding of the importance of confidentiality including the legal framework for information sharing, i.e. GDPR;
- Is good communicator, offering a friendly and professional persona in their interactions with colleagues and front of house;
- Understands that every role in a school involves adults providing positive role models for children and includes a priority in terms of their wellbeing and safeguarding.
We are an inclusive school and welcome applications from groups under-represented in our school.
This post that includes working with children the post is subject to an enhanced DBS and other checks and will involve ongoing training and monitoring of your support for children’s safeguarding and wellbeing.