Harborough District Council’s vision is to work with communities in a vibrant, safe and prosperous district and to bring the best opportunities to all.
We are looking to recruit an experienced and highly motivated project management professional who can bring excellent organisational and communication skills to support the delivery of a broad range of change and transformation projects.
The role will be integral to the councils change programme and will be responsible for coordinating the work of all projects to ensure delivery is maintained. You will support and guide our managers using your expertise and a good understanding of different project management methodologies. This will include setting up and managing the governance structure for the programme and ensuring the programme remains on track.
You will be someone who can build relationships and engage successfully with colleagues, partners and customers at all levels in complex or politically sensitive areas.
As Programme Manager, you will be required to:
- Put in place robust governance and decision-making arrangements;
- Create and deliver plans for communication and engagement, and design and deliver processes to manage risks and issues;
- Work collaboratively with subject matter experts, colleagues, and service stakeholders to build relationships and support the delivery of projects;
- Create and deliver programme updates to senior stakeholders and management;
- Demonstrate a range of skills to monitor and track project progression;
- Create and maintain management reports to highlight project progress, including risk identification and mitigation;
- Utilise project management techniques to effectively co-ordinate resources and activities;
- Demonstrate project delivery capabilities;
- Work independently, within a supportive environment.
If you think that you can help us to deliver our ambitious change programme then we would love to hear from you .
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is midday on 6th December 2021. Interviews will be held on 15th December 2021
Desirable criteria from the person specification may be used for sifting purposes
Please click 'apply online' below where you can upload your CV and covering letter.
Please include 2 referees, one if which must be your present or most recent employer. Please also provide your present or most recent annual gross salary and required notice period.
Find out more about the benefits of working at Harborough District Council at http://www.harborough.gov.uk/working-for-us