Marshalls Park Academy
part of South West Essex Community Education Trust
Pettits Lane, Romford, Essex, RM1 4EH
Tel: 01708 724134
Design and Technology Technician
Pay Range: Scale 3 (FTE - £22,185 - £22,587) Salary will be pro rata once working hours are agreed
Position Start: As soon as possible
Contract Type: Negotiable up to 30 hours a week, 39 weeks a year
Contract Term: Permanent
Marshalls Park is an expanding Ofsted ‘Good’ secondary school based in Romford Essex and we are seeking an enthusiastic and reliable person who has initiative and self-motivation to join our busy Design and Technology Department. The successful candidate will provide an effective support to the teaching staff within the subject area of Design and Technology, operating both independently and as part of a team, within agreed procedures and timescales, and forming good working relationships with both staff and students. As a Design and Technology technician, your tasks would include;
- preparing, setting up and checking equipment
- supporting teaching staff and students during lessons
- putting away equipment after lessons
- ensuring a safe environment
- organising and storing equipment and checking stock
- repairing, maintaining and modifying equipment
- administrative tasks.
We are a multi-academy trust who wish to ensure our profession remains supportive and exciting, and we welcome all candidates including those embarking on their first stage of their career. This is an exciting time to join SWECET, which was established in 2015 with the belief that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances. In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- The support of an experienced Headteacher;
- A supportive and friendly work environment;
- Becoming part of a growing organisation;
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression;
- Competitive salaries;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- A health and wellbeing package;
- A two week October half term; and
- Reduced gym membership at a Trust school.
If you have energy and passion in abundance and would relish the opportunity to be part of our team, we look forward to hearing from you. Visits from prospective candidates are warmly welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit, please email email@example.com
Please apply online.
Closing Date: 28th November 2021
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.