Brighter Futures for Children
Family Intervention Team
Full time, 37 hours per week
Brighter Futures for Children is improving outcomes for Reading's children, young people and families.
We are an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services in the borough.
- We protect and enhance the lives of the children of Reading.
- We help families find long-term solutions to ensure children lead happy, healthy, and successful lives.
- We embrace new and proven ways of working, including; Trauma Informed practice, Restorative approaches, Strong partnership working, Quick and appropriate decision-making.
About the role
We have listened to our staff, young people and their families and we are now driving through a progressive and ambitious improvement and transformation plan. This includes ensuring that our professionals have all the tools they need to do an exceptional job. With this in mind, we have developed a new role for committed and ambitious Consultant Practitioners who will lead on embedding high quality social work and provide support to our social workers.
You will be responsible for a caseload that will requires the application of high levels of practice standards and quality. You will work closely with managers at all levels to identify areas of practice that may require additional support, research, innovation or application. You will be responsible for the supervision, support and development of student social workers in the team and for leading peer supervision and development, including coaching and mentoring for less experienced social workers. This role offers an exciting opportunity to shape and influence social work practice to children identified as being at risk.
- Social Work qualification and registration
- Understand and application of legal, social, economic and ecological knowledge social work practice
- Practice Educator award
- Post qualifying qualifications
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- 3 years post qualified experience
- Ability to analyse complex information and plan, review and implement care plans
- Ability to organise and deliver a complex set of tasks
- Ability to actively engage in own development and to support the development of others
- Sound understanding of ICT with good keyboard skills
Contact details for an informal discussion email Jacqui Keohane at Jacqui.Keohane@brighterfuturesforchildren.org or Rachel Sheean on Rachel.Sheean@brighterfuturesforchildren.org
What we offer our qualified, permanent social workers:
- We offer a supportive framework to develop your career
- You’ll work in a friendly and collaborative environment where we are committed to delivering positive outcomes.
- We have a strong training and developmental pathway.
- All team managers are permanent staff.
- Opportunities to strengthen leadership and coaching skills as part of a focused group of Consultant Practitioners supporting high quality practice.
- Competitive salary
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted childcare
- On-site outstanding nursery
- Free parking
- Pool cars.
We offer a range of extras
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Local discounts
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Staff Club and social events.
Closing date: 5th December 2021