SCHOOL BURSAR Grade 6 (AAAD5063)
Permanent Contract - From 1/1/2022
(37 hours per week /42 weeks per year; flexible working options available)
The Governors of St Bede’s Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint a School Bursar to join our friendly and supportive team. By joining our team, you will be working with the Clerical Administrator to ensure the smooth running of the school office, as well as representing the school community as one of the first points of contact in the heart of our school.
Are you an individual who can work as part of a team?
Are you flexible, proactive and enthusiastic and enjoy working in a varied and busy environment?
If so, our school needs you!
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for the right candidate to work alongside
- Enthusiastic, resilient, motivated, polite and hard-working pupils.
- A team of dedicated, talented and forward thinking staff.
- Supportive governors who are committed to school improvement.
- Opportunities for you to grow and develop as a practitioner.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- experience of working in a people focused environment
- strong financial management experience, preferably in an educational setting
- attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines
- strong administration skills, experience of recording, inputting and analysing financial information and statutory returns
- excellent communication skills, be warm, welcoming, flexible and approachable
- high standards of personal and professional conduct, including attendance and punctuality
- professional standards and is aware of GDPR and confidentiality
- excellent ICT skills including Excel, Word and Outlook (Office 365). Knowledge of Best4Business (Unit 4) and the SIMS system are desirable
Responsibilities will include:
- management of the school budget, school fund bank accounts
- managing cashless payment system ‘School Money’
- preparing Budget Plan and providing Financial Reports
- HR information management, control and processing supported by the LA
- processing payment and administering payroll in accordance with the financial regulations
- monitoring and coordinating of arrangements for premises management
- general health and safety management alongside the Site Maintenance Officer.
For full list of duties and skills required see the Job Description
Training will be provided for specialist areas as required.
Flexible working options available. Please specify your request in your application form
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed – please phone 01606 852149 to arrange this.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form or visit vacancies on the school website for further information. http://www.st-bedes.cheshire.sch.uk/page/vacancies/39990
Closing date for applications: 5 December 2021 Midnight
Salary: Grade 6 (£21,748 - £24,491 pro-rata)
St. Bede’s Catholic Primary School has 198 pupils on roll and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to rigorous vetting procedures including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.